Reports are coming in from all over the City demonstrating that the leadership of our Union will attempt to use every tactic to cause our members to vote for this contract calling into question the legality of this referendum.
We have had reports of the following irregularities:
- balloting done in violation of the established rules by failing to safeguard ballots
- electioneering being allowed by pro-contract union member only
- access to mailboxes by out of building paid union representatives being permitted, but not by other union members
- leaflets printed with Union dues attacking opposition members and threatening that the only option is to vote yes or strike
- letters accompanying ballots mailed to members homes misrepresenting the delegate assembly vote
- voting occurring prior to the date provided with the ballots
- ballots left in teacher mailboxes which can be accessed by anyone in the building
In order to ensure union democracy and that this vote is being properly conducted, we need specific examples of any improper practices you are witnessing. We need dates, times and persons involved. There is no doubt that our Union’s leadership is desperate to achieve passage by a huge margin. We do have recourse but we need specific evidence of irregularities in the voting process should this sellout contract get ratified.
Email all allegations to Jeff Kaufman at email@example.com or James Eterno at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We must not let anyone rob of us of a fair election!