From Perdido Street School via Capital Confidential, we learn that Cuomo's offensive against us has been launched and it is a nightmare.
Here are some of the areas Cuomo suggests could see so-called reform or push in the next legislative season:
1. The evaluation system
2. The 3020a disciplinary process
3. The ATR pool in NYC
4. Teacher certification
5. Probationary period for teachers
6. Making it easy to close schools
7. Increase in charter schools, especially in NYC
8. Adding more technology to the system, including online classes
9. Consolidating districts
10. Reforming the Regents appointment process
11. Making the hiring of NYSED Commissioner King's replacement transparent
Sounds like a Bloombergian dystopia.
All I can say is thank heavens for Shelly Silver and the State Assembly Democrats but even they may not be able to stop this onslaught. Anyone who believes we are safe could be in for a rude awakening.
Perdido wrote an open letter to AFT President Randi Weingarten calling for action. You think she'll answer?