Monday, May 11, 2020

CHAZ ON UFT HONORS PAGE

For everyone looking to honor our fellow blogger Eric Chasanoff (Chaz) who passed away last week, the UFT did a tribute on the UFT Honors page.  Please go there to leave some thoughts.  They even quote me.



From the UFT:
Eric is survived by his wife, Fran; his sons, Bryan and Mark; his daughter, Marissa; his son-in-law, Kevin; his daughter-in-law, Rebecca; and his loving grandchildren, Owen, Alora and Sophie.

Condolences may be sent to the family at:

Condolences may be sent to the family at:

The Chasanoff Family
205 Marilyn St.
East Islip, NY 11730

In lieu of flowers, the family asks friends to consider donating in Eric’s memory to St. Jude Research Hospital.



2 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks for posting this!

I have been in and out of the ATR pool for a while.

Honestly, I can say that Eric Chaz kept me sane and provided me with more accurate information than chapter leaders, UFT reps on the phone or school principals.

Like other people have commented, I too have used chaz’s blog as a reference point to debating principals or even union reps with ATR responsibilities. Oh, and when they checked, chaz’s information was always correct.

A secretary once required or tried to require me to punch in and out on a daily basis because ‘that is what our subs do and if you want to get paid, you will do that, too!’ Having been a diligent reader of chaz’s posts, I knew this not to be the case and stood my ground and then the nonsense stopped.

His blog taught me how to deal with field supervisors and defend myself as an ATR and it has helped.

An ATR fiend of mine was told he would be ‘loaned out to another school in our building because they need coverage help and we don’t’. She(the ATR) used chaz’s blog as a reference point and won. Not a shock.

I hope Chaz is in a better place where he feels no pain. I never met Chaz, but he will hold a special place in my heart.

Rest well, Eric. RIP

Anonymous said...

How NYC Schools Officials Played Down the COVID-19 Threat
http://thecity.nyc/2020/05/how-nyc-schools-officials-played-down-the-covid-19-threat.html