Wednesday, October 11, 2017

UFT PUBLIC SCHOOL PROUD AD UP

I got an email from UFT President Michael Mulgrew yesterday introducing the UFT's latest television ad.

To me it kind of looks like a de Blasio campaign ad on how well the schools are doing.

What do you think?

Dear James,
We know you're proud of the work you do as educators. And you have every reason to be. Thanks to you, New York City public schools have their highest graduation rate ever, a record number of students enrolled in college-level courses and more computer science, music and art classes than ever before.
The UFT is committed to fighting for the working conditions, professional voice and resources you need to make a difference. Together, we're moving our schools forward.
Our new television ad celebrating our public schools will start airing this morning, and I wanted you to be among the first to see it.
With challenges looming in the year ahead from powerful forces looking to take away your hard-earned rights and benefits, it's more important than ever that we stand together as UFT members in support of the amazing work we do. Together, we are making history. Together, we are #PublicSchoolProud.
All the great work you have done as New York City public school educators made this ad possible. Thank you for everything you do.
Sincerely,
Michael Mulgrew
Michael Mulgrew
UFT President

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud to be in a union. However ,I am not proud that my union happens to be the UFT. Every other municipal union in NYC hates us since the last contract due to the crappy agreement we made with the city on raises and spreading out our retro. Other teachers unions surrounding NYC laughs at us due to the "victories" the UFT claims. We have the highest class size, lowest local salary, and most of observations in NYS.

Anonymous said...

Another uft scam. back to my disgusting job.

Poque said...

Who's the ad agency that produces the UFT commercials? Milquetoast and Milquetoast?

Anonymous said...

Mulgrew is bad but the predicament we are in is all weingarten. Through and through.

Weingarten sold us out. She became rich from Bloomberg real estate tips and now look where she is.

Mulgrew has to be getting payouts.

Our union blows

Anonymous said...

Corruption at its best = Mulgrew

Anonymous said...

Useless nonsense.

RBE said...

Yes, that really does look like a de Blasio ad.

And it is definitely meant to function as one - only paid for with UFT dues money instead of de Blasio campaign funds.

Where is Preet when you need him?

Alas, SDNY wasn't able to indict de Blasio for the Campaign For One New York games (which also included UFT $) - I guess now they figure, fuck it, Preet's gone, Vance is a criminal himself, so all bets are off.

Anonymous said...

It's a bunch of bullshit if you ask me. And if there's one thing the UFT is good at it's laying on the bullshit. The reality is working conditions have never been worse, and morale has never been lower. And a good part of that has to do with the fact that the UFT can't even be relied upon to speak the truth. It is just a self serving sister bureaucracy of the DOE whose sole purpose is to enrich itself. And if that weren't bad enough, they are in bed with the DOE.

Anonymous said...

I am so sick of the UFT and all of their bullshit. After 2 decades of teaching in NYC the one time I needed them, they did nothing for me. I am so tempted to just quit and take my dues and keep them for a lawyer of my own when I need one. Hope the UFT is listening. You are on notice!

James Eterno said...

Cutting off your nose to spite Mulgrew's face does nothing for us. Last week I wrote how to really change the UFT and the difficult job that would entail. The rank and file needs to step up.

Anonymous said...

I'm sick of the race stuff on here. It's the UFT trying to discredit your site. I saw one of the turds posting it.

James Eterno said...

This ad has nothing to do about race and as long as I'm here, I'll take out any comments along those lines.