By Loretta Prisco
I don't know about the sex, but there are plenty of lies, and videotapes to prove it!
Using rising test scores, Klein/Bloomberg have insisted that schools are improving and went to Washington to brag about the "miracle" of NY.
The recent realistic NYS calibrations of the standardized test scores nixed that miracle. People of faith know that turning water into wine and curing leprosy requires Divine intervention. Educating children first requires an understanding of what it means to be educated. And that bears no relation to raising test scores.
- Klein/Bloomberg are still boasting about the increase in HS graduation rates.
- Another boast (or can we call it a lie?): the achievement gap between White and African American students is narrowing.
- Another boast: Klein/Bloomberg claim to have recommitted the schools to the arts and offer the proof that they have hired139 music and art teachers in the last 3 years.
- In response to questions raised in a weeklong series on NY 1, "Bars to Education", the DOE said that it didn't have the funds for summer school for incarcerated youth, yet maintains that one of its major goals for this population is "education".
- One more for this column: The DOE claims it is "accountable, transparent and open to parents".
And there must be some sex in all of this – we just haven't heard about it.