Sunday, February 18, 2018

STUDENT CALLS BS ON GUNS

This Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student in Florida nails the gun problem so beautifully. Her name is Emma Gonzalez. She quotes one of her teachers saying, "When adults tell me I have a right to own a gun, all I can hear is: 'My right to own a gun outweighs your students' right to live.' All I can hear is, 'Mine, mine, mine, mine.'"

I heard so many of the students I have had the honor of working with over the decades in this young lady's words. It's worth seeing and hearing over and over again.

For those who say there are no laws that could have prevented these tragedies, Emma Gonzalez calls bs.





For everyone who says there are too many assault weapons out there so there is nothing we could do about the ones already out on the streets even if we ban them, I say a gun buyback program would be hugely successful.

If there is one thing my fellow Americans like more than guns, it's money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only cops and the military should have weapons...oh wait, they're fascists! Resist (something)!

James Eterno said...

Irony is welcome here.