While in Chicago last summer, one of the pieces of advice given from members of CORE (CTU President Karen Lewis's caucus) was to strongly urge groups to keep their dissident caucuses together even after winning union elections. Revive was started as a change group and won the NYSUT election with four new officers including President Karen Magee and one incumbent: Executive Vice President Andy Pallotta. They have quickly morphed into the established leaders.
We don't want people to forget the Revive NYSUT promises so here they are straight from a leaflet they handed out at the NYSUT Representative Assembly.
Revive NYSUT is...
- Against Common Core
- Against APPR
- Against High Stakes Testing
- For Opt Out Parental Rights
- For a New SED Commissioner and Regents
- For an End to RTTT and an End to Gates $
- Against Cuomo
- Against the Tax Cap and the GEA
- For NYSUT Transparency
- Against Fort Orange Club Memberships
- We are not puppets of the UFT. We represent members from the Bronx to Buffalo.
- We are not Pro-Cuomo. We have called him the Scott Walker of NY.
This is a comprehensive agenda. Let's see how they do now that they are in office.