I got this from the Professional Staff Congress (CUNY teacher union).
These initiatives are on the November 2 ballot:
The Ballot Initiatives would:
1. Amend New York State’s apportionment and redistricting process.
2. Establish the right of each person to clean air and water and a healthful environment.
3. Eliminate New York’s requirement that a citizen be registered to vote at least ten days before an election.
4. Authorize no-excuse absentee voting.
5. Allow the New York City Civil Court to hear and decide claims for up to $50,000 instead of the current limit of $25,000.
I know the devil can be in the details and number 1 is way too complex but what are the problems with 2-5? Don't we have a right to clean air? Isn't same day voting registration a good idea?
Here is the UFT political Director's email on the initiatives:
Early voting begins this Saturday, October 23. When you receive your ballot, in addition to voting for local representatives, you will be asked to vote Yes or No on five statewide ballot proposals. While UFT does not have a position on the proposals, we want to ensure you, as a UFT member, have the information you need to make an informed choice.
Here’s what’s on the ballot>>
The UFT is committed to strengthening our communities, and likewise, each ballot proposal gives us an opportunity to have a say on how our systems can work. Take the opportunity to read up on the five ballot proposals to ensure that you are informed when you vote in this election.
Stay safe and healthy,
Assistant to the President and Political Director