Tuesday, June 07, 2016

JOHN ELFRANK RETIRES

This morning I saw this message on Facebook

John Elfrank-Dana
6 hrs

WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN...

I am retired from teaching for the NYC BOARD of Education (I won't call it Department of Education). After 25 years including 10 years as UFT Chapter Leader, I put in my papers today. I am retired effective tomorrow.

I will have the summer to detox before starting a new position at Fordham University. C U on the Facebooks.

Congratulations John! The Board of Ed's loss is Fordham's gain. All the best in your future endeavors and wishing you many, many decades of healthy and happy retirement.

Camille and I consider John as one of our true friends in the union activist world. We hope he stays active as a UFT retiree.

4 comments:

Michael Fiorillo said...

Good luck, John.

If only the UFT had more people like you...

Jeff Kaufman said...

DOE, BOE, SOB; it's still the SOS. Good luck John...Enjoy!

ed notes online said...

Congrats John. Let's do lunch, preferably on the first day of the next school year.

John Elfrank-Dana said...

I will and do miss all of you too!