Wednesday, February 07, 2024

From Carol Lucchesi

I was lucky to know James through his writings, emails and finally got to meet him and his beautiful family at the SOS Save Our Schools March in Washington many years ago.  His youngest was still in a stroller, but they were there to support public education on that hot day in July!

No one knew the contract like James.  He should have been UFT president!  

But he was also a dedicated teacher first and foremost.  He fought hard to keep Jamaica HS open.  He and others were instrumental in turning the school around.   But Bloomberg got his way!   

After his retirement he joined the fight to keep our Medicare.   

My heart goes out to his family, friends and everyone who knew and loved him.

Please let me know I can contribute to his memory.  

My deepest sympathy,
Carol Lucchesi

No comments: