Thursday, February 08, 2024

Passing of James Eterno

I would like to express my sadness on the passing of James Eterno.  

James was a powerful figure in the union.  He was a terrific chapter leader who fought so hard for the members at Jamaica High School.  

When Bloomberg wanted to close Jamaica, he fought hard to save that great school.  While he spoke out forcefully for his belief of what actions the union should take, he did so in a civil and intelligent way.

 After the Janus decision when certain people would write on his blog that we leave the union, James spoke out forcefully against this.  He said that his ICE blog was a union blog, and his writings were to improve the union.  I will miss the insight he gave me in conversations I had with him.

My prayers are with Camille his two children and other family members.  I know his beloved memory will be an inspiration for his family.

Michael Friedman

No comments: