Wednesday, February 07, 2024

From Michael Fiorillo

It’s hard to fully express, let alone overstate, the loss that James Eterno’s passing represents. 

He was a Man, a Mensch, in the fullest sense of the word: a dedicated teacher, mentor, organizer and comrade, a trade unionist in the most comprehensive way that term can be understood. And first and foremost a loving father and husband.

On a personal level, I will never forget James and his beautiful wife Camille when, in addition to the True North of their integrity and commitment to teachers and workers, they showed tremendous kindness to me during a period of my own grievous loss. They will always have a place in my heart, and I am going out right now to light a candle in his memory.

James Eterno - friend, father, husband, teacher, comrade - Presente!

No comments: